Banqueting Manager Job in Cape Town, Western Cape at
Banquet Managers oversee and manage the hosting of banquets to provide customers with an excellent experience. Their duties include consulting with Head Chefs, determining the number of wait staff, and planning the layout and setup of venues.
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and well-organised Banquet Manager to provide our customers with an excellent banquet experience. Working as a Banquet Manager, you will liaise with the Banquet the Head Chef to meet customer expectations. Your duties will include controlling the cost and quality of services, preparing the venue, and coordinating the service of meals.
To be successful working as a Banquet Manager, you should exhibit extensive experience in managing banquets and delivering services within budget. Excellent Banquet Managers ensure that customers receive a level of service that exceeds expectations.
Banquet Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience in banquet management, or similar.
- Proficiency in catering management software, such as Better Cater and Caterease.
- Exceptional ability to plan banquets, manage budgets, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in supervising banquet venue staff.
- Ability to collaborate with Banquet Sales Directors and Head Chefs.
- Extensive knowledge of catering equipment and venue requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of hospitality industry best practises.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accredited Certificate or Diploma in Catering, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, or similar.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality and Culinary Arts preferred.
1 October 2022
About the Company
Company Location: Cape Town, Western Cape