CAT Mentor Jobs in Meridian Behavioral Healthcare in Lake City, FL at Meridian Behavioral Healthcare
Title: CAT Mentor
Company: Meridian Behavioral Healthcare
Location: Meridian Behavioral Healthcare in Lake City, FL
This is a highly professional position responsible for coordinating mentoring services for an assigned group of clients. This person will be an advocate for clients and interact with clients in a manner that reflects cultural sensitivity. This position provides highly individualized services to clients that provides expertise and consults with other Team members to promote person-first culture, recovery, empowerment, self-determination and decision-making skills while utilizing the wraparound process. They will assure clients rights are protected and report any abuse and neglect.
Minimum Qualifications: Certification as a Certified Recovery Peer Specialist certified by the Florida Certification Board; or A Bachelor of Arts degree in a social services major, such as psychology, social work, education or vocation rehabilitation; or A minimum of one-year experience working directly with children or adolescents with behavioral health needs. Must be able to work with professionals in a variety of organizations, and have a high degree of understanding of the community and area resources. Working knowledge of the CAT model; recovery interventions; communication, assertion, and problem-solving skills is needed.
** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
Must have a current Florida Driver’s License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements.In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver’s license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor’s note stating they have no driving limitations.
1. Provide coordinated mentor services for clients in the CAT program.
2. Conduct face-to-face visits with clients in their home and in the community to monitor progress.
3. Travel to provide mentor services to clients at their home and in the community.
4. Have availability between the hour of 8am and 8pm daily.
5. Initiate and maintain relationships with clients’ family and community.
6. Provide treatment, rehabilitation and support services.
7. Implement shift management.
8. Provide on-call duty as needed.
9. Provide Electronic Medical Record documentation of client progress.
10. Function as a fully integrated Team member.
11. Provide highly individualized peer mentoring and related services to consumers.
12. Participate in comprehensive assessment of substance use and co-occurring disorder history.
13. Sustain relationships with clients’ family and community.
14. Contribute in daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
15. Provide crisis management under the clinical supervision of staff with professional degrees.
16. Contribute in daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee’s Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Lake City, FL 32025: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location