Freelance Senior Art Director Job in Cape Town, Western Cape at 99c
We are looking for a passionate Freelance Senior Art Director with retail client experience, someone with the skill set to capture promotional excitement and breakthrough campaigns for a national retail client. The successful applicant will be tasked to carry visual and conceptual skills from initial brief to final artwork.
Our ideal candidate must have a keen eye for greater and finer details, work extremely well under pressure with quick deadlines, high work volume and demanding pitches. We want someone who is resourceful, a self-starter and a conceptual thinker. If you are all of the above and then some, have great communication skills, exceptional lay-out skills; know a thing or two about Art Direction in an Agency environment and plays well with others – we want to see your portfolio!
Role includes but is not limited to:
- Working in a team under the leadership of a Deputy Creative Director to conceptualise and execute campaigns based on both client and internal briefs.
- Freelance role operational from 08:30am – 17:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Required to come into the office at least twice a week, or if load shedding affects area of the freelancer the candidate will need to be in the office.
- Present work imaginatively and confidently to clients and senior creatives.
- Be skilled in design and conceptualisation.
- Maintain exceptionally high standards for execution and attention to detail.
- Collaborate and communicate well with the team and other departments.
- Have an eternally positive disposition especially when the going gets rough.
Minimum relevant experience and skills/attributes required:
Relevant tertiary qualification.
At least 3-5 years’ experience as an Art Director in a large/integrated Advertising Agency.
At least 1 years’ previous experience in a high-volume environment.
Demonstrated experience with integrated TTL campaigns across various platforms.
Strong skills in design software such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator non-negotiable.
Strong skills in After Effects and Adobe XD or Sketch or Figma.
Experience in digital and experiential advertising advantageous.
Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, fast learner, persuasive negotiator, positive and innovative thinker.
Maintain high standards for execution and attention to detail.
Good communication skills.
Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of the agency’s creative goals and the client’s business objectives.
Experience in presenting campaigns to creative heads and clients.
Experience working on lower to middle income positioned brands advantageous.
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV and portfolio as part of your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within three weeks after submitting your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. We remain committed to the principles of employment equity.
Cape Town CBD
About the Company
Company Location: Cape Town, Western Cape