Junior Art Director Job in Cape Town, Western Cape at 99c
Our Cape Town office is looking for a passionate Junior Art Director with a focus on retail advertising to join our Creative Team on one of our retail fashion clients. Someone with the skill set to capture promotional excitement and breakthrough designs for a national retail fashion client. The successful applicant will be tasked to carry visual and conceptual skills from initial brief to final artwork.
Our ideal candidate must have a keen eye for little and big details, work extremely well under pressure with quick deadlines, high work volume and demanding pitches. We want someone who is resourceful, a self-starter and a conceptual thinker. If you are all of the above and then some, have great communication skills, exceptional lay-out skills; know a thing or two about Art Direction in an Agency environment and plays well with others – we want to see your portfolio.
Job Scope includes but is not limited to:
- Working in a team under the leadership of a Group Head and Creative Director to conceptualise and execute campaigns based on both client and internal briefs
- Present work imaginatively and confidently to senior creatives.
- Be skilled in design and conceptualisation.
- Maintain exceptionally high standards for execution and attention to detail.
- Collaborate and communicate well with the team and other departments.
- Have an eternally positive disposition especially when the going gets rough.
Minimum relevant experience and skills/attributes required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 1 years’ experience as an art director in a large/integrated Advertising Agency
- At least 1 years’ previous experience in a high-volume environment
- Demonstrated experience with ATL print and digital design across various social and online media platforms
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator) – After Effects is a plus
- Knowledge of the print & digital landscape, specifically social platforms and its relevant features (Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, etc) as well as ecommerce platforms
- Has experience in basic animation/motion graphics & video editing – will be a bonus, but not essential
- Understanding of UI/UX digital marketing best practices – will be a bonus, but not essential
- Experience in digital and experiential advertising advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, persuasive negotiator, positive and innovative thinker
- Maintain high standards for execution and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of the agency’s creative goals and the client’s business objectives
- Experience with lifestyle photoshoots & the planning and prepping for production thereof would be greatly advantageous.
- Able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines, and follow agency process
- Refined design aesthetic & meticulous eye for detail
- Has an interest in fashion, culture & other lifestyle trends
- Work ethic: Should be able to describe oneself as “Committed, reliable, curious, self-motivated, flexible, adaptable, team player”
- Flexible to work outside of normal working hours (overtime if and when required)
- Prior experience on Workbook will be advantageous, but not essential
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV and portfolio as part of your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within three weeks after submitting your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
We remain committed to the principles of employment equity.
Cape Town CBD
About the Company
Company Location: Cape Town, Western Cape