MW Art Director Job in Cape Town, Western Cape at 99c
Our Cape Town office is looking for a MW Art Director with a focus on retail advertising to join our Creative Team on one of our retail fashion clients.
We are looking for a passionate Art Director with retail client experience, someone with the skill set to capture promotional excitement and breakthrough designs for a national retail fashion client. The successful applicant will be tasked to carry visual and conceptual skills from initial brief to final artwork.
Our ideal candidate must have a keen eye for little and big details, work extremely well under pressure with quick deadlines, high work volume and demanding pitches. We want someone who is resourceful, a self-starter and a conceptual thinker. If you are all of the above and then some, have great communication skills, exceptional lay-out skills; know a thing or two about Art Direction in an Agency environment and plays well with others – we want to see your portfolio
Job Scope includes but is not limited to:
- Working in a team under the leadership of a Group Head and Creative Director to conceptualise and execute campaigns based on both client and internal briefs.
- Present work imaginatively and confidently to clients and senior creatives.
- Be skilled in design and conceptualisation.
- Maintain exceptionally high standards for execution and attention to detail.
- Collaborate and communicate well with the team and other departments.
- Have an eternally positive disposition especially when the going gets rough
Minimum relevant experience and skills/attributes required:
- At least 3 years’ experience as an art director in a large/integrated Advertising Agency.
- At least 3 years’ previous experience in a high-volume environment.
- Demonstrated experience with social media design across various social media platforms.
- Strong skills in design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects non-negotiable.
- Figma will be a bonus
- Knowledge of the digital landscape, specifically social platforms and its relevant features (Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, etc) as well as ecommerce platforms.
- Has experience in basic animation/motion graphics & video editing.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, persuasive negotiator, positive and innovative thinker.
- Maintain high standards for execution and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of the agency’s creative goals and the client’s business objectives.
Minimum Relevant Requirements:
Experience in digital and experiential advertising advantageous
Relevant tertiary qualification
Able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines, and follow agency process
Refined design aesthetic & meticulous eye for detail
Has an interest in fashion, culture & other lifestyle trends
Work ethic: Should be able to describe oneself as “Committed, reliable, curious, self-motivated, flexible, adaptable, team player”
Flexible to work outside of normal working hours (overtime if and when required)
Prior experience on Workbook advantageous but not essential
Other: Driver’s license with own vehicle
Cape Town CBD
About the Company
Company Location: Cape Town, Western Cape