News Producer – Local News Jobs in Washington – District of Columbia at Gray Television
Title: News Producer – Local News
Company: Gray Television
Location: Washington – District of Columbia
Type: Full Time, Part Time
Position: NEWS PRODUCER – LOCAL NEWS LIVE
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
About Local News LIVE (LNL):
Local News LIVE is Gray TV’s 24/7 live streaming news network. It provides live coverage from Gray’s 113 markets, allowing viewers to watch stories from across the country on one platform. Watch national coverage of the day’s top stories and get a local perspective from journalists who live in the communities they cover.
Local News LIVE is looking for producers to program content for our 24/7 live streaming news network. This position requires newsroom and live control room experience as well as the ability to navigate news sources in real-time. The ideal candidate has a passion for producing breaking news and live events. These positions, based in Washington, DC, will facilitate and program live news content seven days a week.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Work with newsroom leadership and anchors to create strong and well-paced newscasts
– Responsible for the content and overall production of the newscast
– Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
– Use editorial judgment to help determine network content
– Write TV copy
– Coordinate with stations to gather and distribute content
– Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
– Research national and regional events in the Gray Television footprint to inform decisions on live programming
– Perform other duties as assigned
– BS/BA in journalism or communications
– At least 2 years of experience in television
-Ability toproduce compelling live programming
– Knowledge of local news and newscast production
– Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
-Ability tomeet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
– Familiarity with ENPS, Bit Central and digital content management systems
– Excellent time management skills
– Schedule flexibility
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to (Use the “Apply for this Job” box below). openings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on”apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of w…